Friday, July 18, 2008

A Week In Review

Here we are again. Time for another edition of the ever popular Week in Review.

I Don't Feel So Hot
I have a cold, and it's kicking my pants. My head hurts, my throat is sore, and I'm all stuffed up. I'm gross. I miss breathing with my mouth closed. I miss my mom.

I should be home, but my coworker here at The COB (aka Church Office Building) is out today, so I had to come in. I'm making sure to breathe, sneeze and blow my nose just as loud as I can so that everyone will know what I'm sacrificing for my work and will give me the appropriate praise. So far nothing. I'm sure that they feel the praise on the inside.

The Honda
My poor little car had some trouble this week. The fuel pump went out. Interestingly enough, when a fuel pump stops pumping fuel, the car won't start. I had it towed to my mechanic on Monday. They got it all fixed up, charged me an outrageous amount of money, and I had it back again Monday night. Tuesday, while driving from The COB to the bookstore, there was a very strong smell of gasoline and fumes coming into the car. By the time I got to the store, I was more than a little loopy. I called the mechanic to ask him if that smell was normal (I don't know, maybe you have to break in a fuel pump). He said, "No. You need to bring it back in as soon as possible. We don't want it to catch fire." No, no we don't. I took it back Wednesday morning. They said that something needed to be tightened and a seal wasn't sealed, so the gas was leaking. It's all sealed up and leak free now, and running like a champ. Car problems are a pain in the neck, but it is kind of fun to feel how well it runs when fixed up.

So You Think You Can Dance
Still awesome!

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Man I love 'em! I ate that cookie days ago and am still thinking about it. So good.

A Retraction
Thank you all for your kind support of my rant on married women crying all the time. I appreciate it. I do, though, feel like I should take back my comment on no one getting me good Christmas or birthday presents. My mom has been putting extra effort into my Christmas gifts for years now, and for my last birthday she made me a great quilt. I love it. And other family members and friends do take me to dinner and give me lots of attention on my birthday. Fortunately, none of them read this, except for my mother. So, Mom, I'm sorry. I hope you didn't feel slighted.

I think that's it for now. Thanks, as always, for spending this time with me.
You are loved.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sorry about your cold. I think you should lick everybody's keyboards when they are out. You know, teach them a lesson.

My favorite line: "No, no we don't." Classic Angie.

I also love all the Extreme Blog Makeovers you keep getting!

Kelli said...

I miss your witty comments. It has been so long since I worked with you! I always, always remember that I love you dearly, but I forgot how funny you are. I am so glad to be reminded.

Suzie said...

oh you can just count me in as the number 4 person who reads your blog.
thanks Tiffany.
Good stuff here.


and I hope you get better! and for the record I think it's incredibly unselfish & amazing that you were at work feeling that way. (praise)