Friday, June 27, 2008

Hello All

I've decided to join the blogging world. I'm a little nervous, and hope that this world accepts me and treats me well. Or, if it doesn't accept me, will simply ignore me. I'll cry if it treats me with open criticism.

Picking a blog name was so much harder then I expected it to be. I wanted to be witty or deep or quirky funny with the randomness of it. But nothing smart came to mind. So, I went with some old nicknames. I have been called many things during my lifetime. My dad called me Dolly when I was a toddler because he thought I looked like a baby doll. When my brother Shane was a toddler, he couldn't say Angie - it came out Nanny. My older brothers turned that into Nanny Goat, and then just Goat, which stuck for years. Then my youngest brother started calling me Wubb - don't ask. When my nieces and nephews came along, they each had their own version of Angie. Little Mariah called me Addy. It was so cute. When she got older, "Addy" went away, and I was sad to let it go.

As good as of these nicknames are, my nephew Jonah came up with the best. He just said "G". I'm guessing it was the last syllable of Angie, and all of Angie that he could get out. I loved it. I told everyone I knew that Jonah called me G, and they loved it. Funnest nickname ever. Like Addy, G eventually went away. I think they both thought that they were saying Angie all along, and so when their little mouths could do it, Angie became the norm.

So, for my blog title, I decided to go with my two favorite nicknames, Addy G. Mariah and Jonah can consider it an immortalizing of their absolutely adorable baby years, and of my absolute love for them.

I hope someone, somewhere will read this and will enjoy the posts.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Hooray! It's about time. I will totally read this and feel like I've talked to you in real life only it will be really late at night or really early in the morning when I would never actually be talking to you. I'm surprised you didn't name it "Nancy" after the nickname you have at work. No? Not funny yet?

Kelli said...

Yay! I am so happy that you joined the blogging world. I will check everyday! After talking to you the other day I told my sister how much I loved working with you and missed your sharp wit! I am looking forward to hearing from you from time to time. No pressure or anything, huh?

Tiffany said...

This news made my entire day! Welcome, welcome, welcome! I love the name and the story behind it. So sweet.