Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Why do I do this to myself?

I lost a bunch of weight before going to Minnesota in September (well, by a bunch I mean 12-15 pounds). Nothing like going to see family to give a person some motivation. Since then, I haven't worked on it so much. In fact, I kind of forgot the whole thing. I don't have a scale at home. Not having one keeps me from becoming so obsessive compulsive that I weigh myself every half hour. There's a health unit here at the COB where a couple of nurses are usually on duty to look at your sore throat and listen to you complain and give out ibuprofen and decongestants. It's very nice. There's also a big doctor's office type scale. This morning I decided to get on the scale for the first time in a long time to see where I was at. I've gained back almost all of my 15 pounds. AAAAAAAG! The screaming is still echoing off of the walls.

I went from there to the cafeteria for breakfast, and got low-fat cottage cheese and a banana instead of the usual chocolate muffin and a banana. I also drank a very tasty new juice called Fuze Empower with Pomegranate and Acai Berry (Oprah's new "super food"). Antioxidants, low calorie, low sugar - sounds like it'll change my life. Or at least get my diet back on track. There's always hope.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Hey gal! I really admire you for doing this! You will get back on track I have no doubt and then you can be my inspiration. (More than you already are)