Monday, February 9, 2009

Died too Young

I saw that the list of "stars" for the next season of "Dancing with the Stars" was announced yesterday, and as always it brought with it a touch of sadness. I can't help feeling like signing up for that show is the final nail in the coffin - you've officially announced that your career is DEAD. Or, the poor soul is missing a fame lost long ago and wants just 15 more minutes in the spotlight. Either way, it makes me feel bad.

This year's casualties include Jewel, Denise Richards, Lil Kim and Belinda Carlisle of the Go-Gos. I don't know why, but Jewel and Belinda Carlisle are especially sad. The Go-Gos used to be so cool.

Here's something from better days.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Next stop QVC, right? I'm sure someone is telling them it's good for their careers. Have you noticed Jane Seymour is just hanging out at her house painting hearts these days?

Kelli said...

What a great blast from the past. It is kind of sad isn't it.