Friday, June 19, 2009

A Week in Review

Hello All. Another week has gone by, and you know what that means – time for a Week in Review.

Biographies
Biographies are very interesting. It’s pretty remarkable what some people have lived through or have done. This week I started reading a biography on Anne Boleyn, the second wife of Henry VIII of England, and mother of Queen Elizabeth I. I bought it in London at the Westminster Abby shop a year ago, and am finally getting to it. So far it’s very good. I happen to think that Anne Boleyn played a very, very important part in our history. Henry VIII broke with the Pope and the Catholic Church in order to get a divorce and then marry Anne. That doesn’t sound like a nice thing to do to his poor first wife, but it was the beginnings of the religious reformation in England. Eventually religious groups like the Puritans and the Separatists popped up, and some of those Separatists got on the Mayflower and sailed to Massachusetts. And, Anne’s daughter Elizabeth was queen of England for about 40 years. During that time, Spain attacked England partly because they hated the Protestant heretics and the queen; England beat the Spanish Armada, became a world naval power, and over time started setting up colonies. Consider that! Isn’t it interesting? One person’s life (which by the way ended badly, she couldn’t have known that anything good would come of it) affected all of this.

It’s like that old visual of ripples in the water. You never know what influence you might have, or how far it can reach.

Burnout
Girls, I’m tired, and feeling burnt out and uninspired. I honestly can’t think of anything more to write this week. It’s my first full week back at work since going to Minnesota and having family here, and I had an extra shift at the bookstore, and man am I worn out. So, I’m going to keep this short, mostly because this is all I’ve got.

Dancing
Would you like to see my favorite dance from this week’s SYTYCD show? Here it is.


Thanks, as always, for the blogosphere fun.
You are loved.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I never thought of Anne Boleyn in that way before. It is true that though her life ended prematurely and horribly her legacy lived on...

I hear you on the tired thing. Go take a nap!