Monday, February 1, 2010

An Apology and a Random Theory, Neither Having Anything to do with the Other

I feel like I should apologize for the recent and total lameness of this blog. It's practically on life support. I'm sorry. I just haven't been feeling it. I guess that's normal, for ideas and inspiration to come and go (assuming that I've ever been inspired). Even A Week in Review has lapsed lately. I can only apologize again. It's not that I've been feeling down. In fact, I'm doing well. There has been an intense family drama going on, really more Marla's family than mine, her brother-in-law is ill, and last Friday I wrote about that, but later went back and deleted it. He's been in very, very bad shape, and I went with her to see him, and it was heartbreaking. So I wrote a very long story about the experience, but the more I thought about it, the more I felt like it was too sad and too heavy/melo-dramatic, and not really something I wanted here. So it's gone. Are you curious now? Feel free to submit questions in the comments section and I'll try to get back to you.

Other than that....I saw a good movie last Saturday, "When in Rome". I went in with no expectations, so was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. That Josh Duhamel is a charmer. See...


That reminds me of one of my more recent theories. A few weeks ago there was a special election in Massachusetts, where Democrats typically win without contest. But this time Republican Scott Brown won making the political pundits all throw their hands in the air and run around in circles screaming, "What can this mean?!" I think I know what it means. Let's look at the men who have over the years won office in Massachusetts:

John F. Kennedy - Democrat, US Senator and then President

His brother, Ted Kennedy - Democrat, US Senator for a long, long time.

Mitt Romney - Republican, elected Governor in 2002.

And now Scott Brown - Republican, US Senator.

Look closely at these pictures and you'll see that what the people of Massachusetts really want is a handsome white man with a good head of hair. That's their representation. I should send one of my brothers to Boston, and he'd soon be in public office. Probably without running. He'd probably be approached on the street and asked to please take over for a current, less attractive, Representative. If Josh Duhamel ever wants to try politics, after saving the world from the Decepticons and wooing Kristen Bell, then he should move to Massachusetts.

That's my theory.

While at work on Saturday I started forming a list, much like my 10 things I wish missionary mom's knew list, for retail shoppers. I think it will take shape and be posted soon. In the mean time, I'm sorry for the lame blog, and I hope that pictures of handsome men will somehow redeem it, although I don't have much hope.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I'm sorry you felt like you had to take the other post down. I was very touched by the story and my good thoughts and prayers are with all of you!

I think you're exactly right when it comes to who wins an election. I have a very simple formula that almost always works: the better looking candidate will win.