My friend Nicole tagged me, and because I really love to talk about myself, I'm totally doing this. Warning: My answers will probably be so much longer than the question requires.
Four Random Things I Like About my Husband/Best Friend:
I'll go with my sister, Marla, who is my best friend.
1. She calls me at work, and not always for a real reason. One time it was to tell me that the new vanilla flavored Diet Coke was in the stores. Another time she said that she'd watched "The Ring" and it really was scary. Most of the time she just wants to talk. So much fun.
2. She has gorgeous hair. It's long and thick. Her ponytail is about 2 inches in diameter. It'll curl. It looks good straight. It's everything hair should be.
3. When I need to talk about something, she lets me do it without interruption. She doesn't try to solve the problem or make me feel better or tell me where I went wrong. And she doesn't make it about herself. She doesn't tell me about all of the times when she felt the same way, or retell my story as it applies to her. She just listens and lets it be about me. That's so therapeutic. And by the time I'm done talking, I do feel better. It's a natural healing.
4. She actually sews stuff together to make her kids' Halloween costumes. One year she made dinosaur costumes for Zac and Josh. Too cute for words.
Four jobs I've had:
1. The Tastee Freeze. It's pretty much a Dairy Queen, just a different name. That was my summer job in high school.
2. A law office. I helped process claims during the Phen-Phen class action suit.
3. FranklinCovey. I worked in the Personal Coaching division.
4. Christmas help at Sears. This was years ago, the Christmas before I left on my mission. It was some anniversary of the movie ET. My job was to take pictures of kids on a bike with ET in the basket. I'm not making this up.
Four movies I've seen more than once:
1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
2. Sense and Sensibility - still my favorite movie ever.
3. Emma - the Gwyneth Paltrow version.
4. Napoleon Dynamite
Four TV shows I watch:
1. Mad Men
2. Brothers and Sisters
3. Friends reruns.
4. British comedy on PBS
Four Places I've Been:
1. London and Paris. That counts as one because it was all in the same trip. I'll include, too, the Chunnel - the tunnel that goes under the English Channel.
2. Cow Town in Wichita Kansas - My mom grew up in Kansas, and my grandparents lived there when I was a kid. Cow Town was an old west town/park.
3. Fargo, ND - made famous by the Coen brothers. It's actually right across the border from the small town where I grew up in Minnesota. We were part of the Fargo Ward/Stake.
4. The Bean in Millennium Park, and on the ferris wheel at Navy Pier in Chicago.
Four people who email me regularly:
1. Estee Lauder
2. Borders and Barnes and Noble bookstores
3. The Writers' Almanac
Four of my Favorite foods:
1. Mom's lasagna recipe. Cottage cheese instead of ricotta. So delicious.
2. My sister-in-law Melody's mashed potatoes. She adds a whole stick of butter before mashing.
3. Pumpkin desserts - so glad it's that time of year.
4. A big ol' cheeseburger. I really like hot dogs, too.
Four places I'd like to visit:
1. London. I'd like to go again and spend more time, see all that we didn't see before, and travel outside of the city.
2. New York City. Including Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.
3. Disneyland - never been.
4. San Francisco and the coast - It's been too long.
Four things I'm looking forward to this year:
I'm going to go with a full calendar year, since I've already done all that I had planned to this year.
1. Taking a trip over my birthday in March. I'm thinking of meeting my parents in Chicago and spending some time with family there.
2. Seeing Tiffany in PA in July - I'm still thinking about it Tiff.
3. Finishing my Church history book for kids, and maybe taking a trip to take pictures for it.
4. Meeting the man of my dreams, finally. If he doesn't show his face this year, I just might shoot myself in the head. After taking those trips, of course.
Four People I tag:
3. Honestly, I don't have that many friends with blogs, so all of you should just go for it.